In September 2014, the EU ERASMUS programme funded project “Social entrepreneurship development in the Baltic Sea region” has been granted and started its realisation. First meeting of the partners will take place in Riga, during 10 – 12 of November. Combining partners meeting with Social entrepreneurship forum. Partners will present shortly current status of social entrepreneurship status in respective countries.
EUROPE 2020 states that growth has to be delivered through strong emphasis on job creation and poverty reduction. Social entrepreneurship (SE) is exactly new method to be used to overcome existing challenges as its main aim is to bring positive impact to society.
In the “Social economy and social entrepreneurship”‘ Social Europe Guide Volume 4 (2013) it is said that several key challenges of Social economy are found and those are:
- lack of visibility;
- lack of specialised training;
- lack of support network and infrastructure;
- access to finance;
- lack of uniform regulation.
Seven SE support organisations across the Baltic Sea developed idea to have a better educational and overall support for SE in Baltic Sea region.
- Facilitate SE sector development in Baltic Sea region through proper adults education;
- Educate public bodies, municipalities, NGO’s and other players about relevant tools of SE support at national and regional level;
- Research SE and share research findings, incorporate those in the legislative, education and other support methods and tools;
- Start and promote open educational tool as a network and startup tool to start national and cross border SE activities;
- Create stable SE support organizations network and SE network.